Environmental Impact Statement
Loftus Public School P&C Association supports sustainable initiatives and aims to consider the environment in its operations and events. Some examples include:
- P&C Meetings minutes and agendas are provided to members electronically and uploaded to the P&C website.
- Uniform shop receipts are emailed.
- Second hand uniforms are donated and available for purchase.
- Communications regarding events and P&C initiatives are published in the electronically published school newsletter.
- Discos: Students are requested to bring refillable water bottles with no bottled water available for purchase. Payment/registration is via online.
- Munchie Day: Students are requested to bring their own containers with re-usable platters to place the various cakes/fruit platters/savoury items on.
- Grandparents Day: Reusable cups were encouraged to be used at the complimentary morning tea.
- Fund raising BBQs - No plastic utensils used with arrangements in place for recycling of cans/drink bottles if for sale (i.e at Election BBQ events).
- Spring Fair - Posters/banners designed to enable re-use in subsequent years. Arrangements are made for recycling of cans/drinks bottles.
- Trivia night: Electronic ticketing was used.